18 March 2010

Champs-Elysees and the Arc



Today we walked down the Champs-Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe and on to the Eiffel Tower. And if you think I wore comfortable shoes you are sorely mistaken. I am just sore. Above was our first stop the place de la Concorde which houses an Egyptian Obliesk.


Second stop was the crepe guy. Technical term, I know. You see, Chris is a smart guy. He told me I could make all the decisions for the rest of the trip because he's tired of me not making them. Usually I have every second planned when we go on vacation. Not this time. Thought I'd try something different and guess what? IT'S NOT KILLING ME to not know what we're going to do every second of every day on vaca. Chris also learned that I'm going to take pictures of someone and since the kids aren't around he thought he'd take a few tries at learning my camera and get a few more shots of me than him. So back to our second stop. We're passing this crepe stand and Chris asks 'Are you thirsty?'


We continue down the Champs-Elysees stopping at a few places, but this is probably the most famous. I knew none of you had ever seen or heard of a GAP so I didn't want to waste time trying to explain what that store is. Instead I put up a picture of a store I know you all know is famous for their colorful macaroons.


I actually crossed the street halfway and stood taking pictures in the middle of the crosswalk for one light cycle to get a good picture of the Arc de Triomphe. Chris stood on the sidewalk and crossed normally. Thank you.


What I've learned #6. Going up the stairs to the top of Notre Dame and the next day going up the stairs to the top of the Arc de Triomphe is fun. My calves thank me.

This is looking from the Arc down the Champs-Elysees.





Told ya Chris is a smart guy. He's a quick learner, too.

From the Champs-Elysees I wanted to backtrack to the Pont Alexandre bridge. So that's what we did! On the way there was a point and time when no one was around so we snapped this.


Since he's not in very many pictures today I thought I'd put that one up. That bridge was worth the walk.


We crossed the Seine and walked to the Eiffel Tower. We turned a corner and BAM! it was right there. There are no words to describe that moment.

That is the Eiffel Tower behind us. . .


There was a pretty garden on our way back to the metro to come back to the apartment so I stopped and sat. The Eiffel Tower is on one side and on the other. . .


Chris didn't want to sit down and look like a dork like me so I put him to work taking pictures of our surroundings.


Somehow he convinced me to leave that serene garden and walk up stairs.


But that too turned out to be worth it.

No comments: