23 March 2010

The WORST bar-b-que EVER

When we lived in San Antonio a few years ago there was this restaurant who had a billboard that said they had the WORST bar-b-que in Texas. For some reason we didn't believe them. So we had to go see for ourselves.

Rudy's BBQ has expanded since then, but they still have the worst BBQ I've ever had. Their restaurants are simple, no frills and as far as I've seen always located inside a gas station. When we are on the road I have a one track mind: get where we're going. We only stop every 4-5 hours on long car trips, but made an exception to stop here today for lunch.


Here's their version of a plate and a bowl. The bowl holds cream corn. This cream corn is the stuff you dream about.

They don't leave you hanging wondering which BBQ sauce is hot or not either. Straight forward and to the point.


Let's see if it passes the kids test.


First taste. . .



My boy had problems keeping his sandwich together.


Since I was busy *cough cough* dad went to his rescue.


'Just pick it up and eat it, son. Look at this.'



This just revolutionized his world.



And hers too, apparently.

While we were waiting for Karis to finish eating Caedis did the dishes.


This is a really good start for her! We're not on vacation any more!


Here's the 'sink' if you will. Or the tray.


Then the blank stare that comes after she's done eating and it's time for a nap.

I'm still not over jet lag just yet, so I have that same stare on my face right now. :)

No comments: