22 June 2010

Haven't had much spare time in the last bit. Turns out there's a lot more to moving than what I remembered but since I have a few free minutes let's just see where this goes.

First I'm antsy. Right now one of Chris' best friends is getting on a plane to fly and come see us! We LOVE to have company but for many excuses hardly anyone ever comes to see US. We usually make the trip back to go see THEM. I think the last person that came to see us was my mom last August and I'm so happy someone is making the effort to come visit us before we move I can't stand it! So on the agenda is all the stuff we've been saying we want to do before we leave Tucson but haven't gotten around to yet. Except go to the Grand Canyon. Again, there's no time unless we, hmmm, unless we change our driving route to include the Grand Canyon on our way to Omaha. . . guess we'll have to see about that one!

Perhaps because I'm so excited to have company I went to the store and didn't buy shampoo and conditioner. Somehow it didn't make it on the list and I have absolutely NONE in the house and there's no way I'm using Chris' because, well, it's Chris'. So I tried something new and did the No Poo thing. I've been debating doing this for a while and apparently this was the extra push I needed to try it. As for today my hair is truly different in a very good way. Just hope Chris likes the smell of Apple Cider Vinegar. MMMMMM

I haven't turned into one of those only organic and natural products moms but I can see where I might be on that track. I've been making my own deodorant for a year or so now and just don't see myself switching back to the store bought kind anytime soon. But it could be that I'm a frugal mom instead of a natural mom as baking soda and vinegar (for the hair) and cornstarch, coconut oil, and baking soda (for deodorant) cost a whole lot less than the ready made stuff from the store. . . .

Around the house it's a common thing now for my boy to say something that gets us all to laughing we are literally crying and our ribs to hurt for days. He says stuff like 'That's air coming out of my body!' after he, uh, well, emits odors. The other day we were discussing him turning 5 and he's all 'I want to be five so MY ARMS WILL GET LONGER!'

Last Friday we finished up our second year of homeschooling. We had planned on finishing in May before our vacation but since we found out we were moving I decided we needed to get the house ready to sell or rent ASAP and took a few weeks off. This was going to be our first full summer break in a few years but now since things look a little iffy we are going to take a two week break and start third grade just after the Fourth. Normally we school year round and begin our year the week after Labor Day but since we'll be moving at that time I want to make sure we get started a little early. After having the last two days off for summer it's going to be hard to convince me to begin again so soon. . . . Although I am excited to start some of the stuff I have planned for them this year!

And now it's time for me to get up and start some cooking!

No comments: