04 August 2010

Blogging ABC's

Since the movers are here and there isn't too much for the kids and me to do. We emptied out one room of the house and move in all our luggage, toys, books, video game systems and games, a 13" tv to play said games on, that we are going to move ourselves. Add four people and a recliner (which we won't move but felt would be nice to sit on for a few more days) and we have a messy jam packed room.

And I saw this on one of the blogs I read and decided it would be fun to do! You type each letter of the alphabet in your browser and see where the computer thinks you're going to go. Let's begin:

A- amazon.com - no surprise, we go there a lot! Have I told you about Amazon Prime yet? :)

B- blogger.com - must be a coincidence?

C- cbshome.com - the real estate company we are using to find our house in Omaha. Our realtor was and is amazing!

D- dooce.com - one of the few blogs I read that isn't a food blog or Christian blog, she's ex-mormon and making a living off her blog.

E- ebay.com - again, not surprised. Ebay has everything!

F- facebook.com - I love facebook.

G- maps.google.com - this is our favorite maps website.

H- harkinstheatres.com - It's been a while since we've seen a movie in the theater so I guess this one just goes to show that we don't go to many websites with the letter h in it!

I- inashoe.com - This is the website where I got this idea from. She's the mother to 10 children and there's always something going on in her house!

J- joythebaker.com/blog- She is one awesome baker. She does everything from cupcakes to wedding cakes to pies and every bit of her website is delicious!

K- klm.com - This is the airline we flew when we went to Paris in March!

L-  library.pima.gov- We will miss them when we leave next week. :( Although I'd bet Omaha has libraries, too.

M- mail.yahoo.com - Guess I check my email a lot? LOL

N- netflix.com- Chris had to talk me into getting netflix because I just wasn't sure we'd use it a lot. We have had the movie Hamlet sitting on our shelf now since 6/30 unwatched. But we do use the streaming quite a bit. . . .

O- omaha.craigslist.org- Love Craigslist, too! And I've already been looking for bunkbeds for the girls!

P- passionatehomemaking.com - There are a few women who post on this blog but they all offer encouragement to homemaking moms and relevant Bible verses and how to's for various ways to live naturally.

Q- netflix.com/queue- I think this is the only website to make it on here twice!

R- rockofsahuarita.com - Our church family's website. sigh. We will also miss them very much. This Sunday will be our last Sunday at this church.

S- smittenkitchen.com- She's another foodblog that I read. She makes incredible dishes and many of them from foods I've never cooked with or eaten. Her dishes look so great it helps me to try things we might not have wanted to try or known how to cook!

T- thepioneerwoman.com- Is there a person left that doesn't read her blog yet? I originally just read the cooking section of her site but now I love all her website!

U- usaa.com- Hopefully the last bank we will ever use.

V- vrbo.com - and we have never rented from this website, but visit it often before we rent a vacation rental. I'm not sure why, probably part of my OCD. . .

W- weather.com- We visit them online and watch them with breakfast every morning. Sometimes I wonder why because every day is pretty much the same here in the desert! Perhaps I'm just getting in the habit for when we move to Omaha!

X- xe.com- I check this website occasionally just to see how the dollar is doing against the euro. I won't lie. 

Y- youtube.com - the kids love the gummibear video. In French.

Z- zillow.com- we checked a lot of the houses out on zillow for info when buying a few weeks ago. . . sometimes I'm not too sure how accurate the information on there is though. I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

Granny said...

Terrific post.
A: It's ALMOST part of my religion.
F: I don't know what you're talking about.
I: My girls know her, and her parents go to our church. Her father has terminal cancer :-(
L: Yes, but don't moved to Camden, NJ. They're closing all theirs.
N: I've just rejoined after a two-year hiatus.
S: :-)
T: Another one I'm close to religious about. Can't wait for the movie with Reese.
U: Ditto. But please, keep it quiet. I don't want them to get much bigger ;-)
W: I was hoping you'd do woot.com. A day without Woot is a day wasted. Or something like that.
Z: Uh, yeah. There have been months that if our house was worth what they say, we could have cashed in and lived forever on the equity.

Love you!

Rebekah said...

Glad to hear you have no infection Granny!

And. . . we have woot on the iphones that I check instead of the computer! :) Chris got me hooked!